Are you interested in one of our English-taught programmes and want to know more about studying in Brussels at VUB? VUB organises online info sessions per programme. On different moments so that it hopefully fits your agenda.
The programme in Architectural Engineering at Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) provides students with an advanced level of knowledge and insight, and encourages them to be creative and inventive when integrating their knowledge into a complex architectural design. Our goal is to combine the challenges and inventiveness of the modern building industry with a flair for originality and creativity.
All of this is combined with management training, aimed to thoroughly train students to lead architectural projects. An architectural engineer designs complex, sustainable buildings and large-scale architectural projects, and helps shaping the world around us. We offer this programme with cutting-edge, scientific research integrated, optimally preparing you for a wide range of careers.
A master degree opens doors in many different branches and sectors. You will be able to work in the private sector, (non-) governmental organisations, or continue your academic career as a PhD researcher. Not sure what your next step should be? The VUB helps you with your first steps on the job market.
All degree programmes offered by VUB are accredited by the Dutch-Flemish Accreditation Organisation (NVAO), ensuring that they meet the highest predefined quality standards. Alongside this official quality control system, VUB has an internal Quality Control Commission in charge of permanently monitoring the quality of education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design of Concrete Structures
- Sustainable Architectural Design Studio
- Design of Steel Structures
- Parametric Design of Transformable Structures
- Research methods in architectural engineering
- Energy Performance of Buildings
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction Materials Science & Engineering View 7 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in Belgium
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- I have or will soon have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering Sciences of at least three years, or consisting of at least 180 ECTS credits or equivalent (such as 130 US credits or semester contact hours)
- I have an overall degree above average, which in the US grading means level B+ or a GPA of minimum 3.33 out of 4. For conversion to the US grading system please consult this page.
- I have obtained a minimum of 15 ECTS or equivalent in mathematic courses, and 15ECTS in other fundamental science courses such as chemistry, physics and mechanics.
- I have obtained a score above average for the mathematics courses, which means a score of minimum 3.2 out of 4, 15 out of 20 or equivalent B+ level.
- I have obtained a minimum of 30 ECTS or equivalent in architectural design studio or equivalent.
- I have obtained a minimum of 10 ECTS or equivalent in courses related to the history and theory of architecture.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2500 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA835 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 835 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Brussels
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.