Options are available for licensed educators looking to add a SPED license, those seeking their very first teaching license, and those wishing to obtain a master's degree without preparing for licensure. Our master's in special education can be customized to meet your needs and the needs of your students. The length of time it takes to complete your degree depends on the program option you choose.
The Special Education program offered by Saint Mary's University of Minnesota prepares you for licensure as a teacher in Minnesota. A majority of graduates pursue special education teaching in public or private K-12 schools.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Special Education
- Literacy Development and Interventions
- Assistive Technology, Instruction, & Interventions
- The IEP Process
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 647 other Masters in Special Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application form
- Non-refundable application fee
- Official transcripts posting the applicant’s completed bachelor degree
- Other relevant official transcripts documenting potential transfer credits
- International transcripts must be evaluated by a university-accepted evaluator
- A reflective essay which includes a brief description of the applicant’s background, training, and experience, a description of the areas the applicant considers to be their strengths and areas in which the applicant wishes to develop greater strengths and abilities, and any personal information the applicant wishes to share
- Two recommendations
- A current résumé listing educational background and work experience
International485 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 485 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National485 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 485 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.