Today’s audiences can watch documentaries and factual programming at cinemas and art galleries, on television and iPhones, or via YouTube and Vimeo.
Technological innovation and the digital revolution have changed the way we think and talk about factual content.
We will teach you how to film reality from a variety of perspectives, understanding and sometimes challenging traditional interpretations of the documentary and its delivery.
- Hands-on practical experience. Gain training and production experience in producing, directing, camera operation, sound and editing
- Learn how to film reality. Through practical work explore the creative, conceptual and ethical approaches to filming reality and documenting the experiences of real people
- Industry awareness. Build your understanding of the contemporary industry landscape for documentaries and factual programming, including commissioning, financing, distribution and exhibition, festivals, and the emerging world of interactive and transmedia digital content
- Professional feedback. Pitch your projects to industry professionals and receive ‘real world’ feedback and guidance to further develop your projects
- Real-life experience. Produce a documentary/factual project in collaboration with an external industry client.
The graduates work across the industry as VFX Artists, Directors, TV Assistant Producers, Script Editors, On-Air Producers, Campaign Managers and many more besides.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Screen Lab
- Documentary and Factual Boot Camp
- Authorship and Point of View
- Production Practices
- The Business of Documentary and Factual
- Research and Project Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Journalism Media Studies & Mass Media View 24 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in Germany
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- To apply for the MA course you will need to be 18 years of age or older at the time the course starts. Applicants must have a minimum 2:1 honours degree from a UK university or overseas equivalent. Applicants without this qualification, but possessing relevant work experience, are also invited to apply. Each application is considered on its individual merits.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Berlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.