Biomedical engineering is a multidisciplinary field in which the principles of engineering are applied to solving problems in biology and medicine. Quantitative, analytical, and integrative methods are applied from the molecular level to the entire organism. This broadens our understanding of basic biological processes and enables us to develop innovative approaches for the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of disease.
One of the main goals of the degree programme is to bring foreign students to Germany by offering an English language engineering programme in order to intensify international relations.
In some cases, students may be able to participate in exchange programmes with partner universities (IQN-Universities) and perform research or gain work experience in countries other than Germany.
The Master of Science in Medical Engineering degree programme at FH Aachen - University of Applied Sciences, Jülich Campus prepares students to apply engineering concepts to scientific and practical problems in biology, medicine, and health care.
Our instruction methods include problem-based approaches and integrated team work. By offering modules in business and management, research planning and scientific writing students obtain skills necessary for their future success.
- Biomedical Applications
- Biomedical Engineering in Ophthalmology
- Cellular and Molecular Biophysics
- Medical Physics
- MRI Introduction
- Physics of Medical Imaging
- Project Management
- Artificial Organs
- Machine Learning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biology Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 23 other Masters in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants from outside European Union: At the time of application, upload your final Bachelor Degree / certificate and all academic transcripts showing grades for all years of your university study.
- The transcripts need to include: an explanation of your university's grading system (with minimum- and maximum passing grade); an official translation into English or German (if necessary).
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- We do not have any tuition fees. Students only need to pay a social contribution and student activity fee per semester (306,83 €)
Living costs for Aachen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.