The master of arts in applied economics at Mills College will prepare you to use quantitative data to test models of human behavior, make predictions about market outcomes, and develop sound policy. You’ll also be encouraged to examine the social consequences of economic decision making. Our program is more practical than a typical economics MA program and provides more quantitative training than an MBA program.
Reflecting the College’s interdisciplinary culture, your studies will include a core set of economics, computer science, and math and statistics courses. You’ll learn advanced empirical applications—econometric techniques and software packages such as “R” and “Stata”—and gain practical insights from standard economic theory, game theory, behavioral economics, and mathematical modeling. You’ll choose from electives in the following concentrations:
- Quantitative methods
- International economics
- Industry and government
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- International Trade
- International Finance
- Economic Development
- Migration and the Economy
- Theories of International Relations
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics View 366 other Masters in Economics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- It's easy to start your admission application process. Just complete the Mills application online and submit the $50 application fee.
- All Mills graduate programs require a statement of purpose or artist's statement as part of the admission application.
- We ask that you send us official transcripts (with grades) from the college or university from which you earned your bachelor's degree.
- For the majority of Mills graduate programs, you'll need to ask two academic instructors to complete and submit letters of recommendation on your behalf.
- We ask non-native English speakers to submit scores from one of English proficiency exams.
International1337 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1337 USD per credit and a duration of .
National1337 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1337 USD per credit and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.