The training model focuses on the heart (personal and spiritual development), the head (professional knowledge and research), and the hands (effective interpersonal and clinical skills).
CIU is the only Christian university in South Carolina with a CACREP-accredited master's degree program in Clinical Mental Health Counseling.
Our graduates are working in the following areas:
- Christian marriage counseling
- Counseling centers in churches and in private practice
- Drug and alcohol addiction programs
- Academia: universities, public and private schools
- Mental health facilities and hospitals
- Doctoral studies
More informationVisit official programme website
- Applied Biblical Foundations of Counseling,
- Foundations of Clinical Mental Health Counseling,
- Personal and Spiritual Development,
- Foundations of Marriage and Family Counseling,
- Advanced Counseling Techniques and Practicum,
- Internship I,
- Internship II.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCounselling View 891 other Masters in Counselling in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
1. In addition to satisfying the general admission requirements for Columbia International University graduate-level programs, applicants must submit a specific essay and reference form for the Master of Arts in Counseling program and participate in a group interview.
2. Bachelor’s Degree: Have completed a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum overall 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale, or 3.0 GPA in their major field of study, or a minimum 3.0 GPA for the last 60 credits in their undergraduate degree. Students with a lower GPA may document their ability to succeed in a graduate program in one of the following ways:
3. Prerequisites: Have a minimal understanding of the language and concepts of psychology to be successful in the program. Therefore, the following undergraduate courses with a minimum 2.0 (“C”) grade (or a score of 50 on the CLEP or 55 on the DANTES examinations) are prerequisites for full admission
International10610 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10610 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National10610 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10610 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.