The Midwifery program of Bastyr University trains students in all aspects of midwifery care, from preconception through pregnancy, labor, birth, and the postpartum period for parent and newborn, and is intended for those who desire to serve childbearing families in the comfort of their home or freestanding birth center settings. It is the only master’s degree in midwifery that is both regionally-accredited and MEAC-accredited and that prepares graduates to be leaders in the profession.
Based on the competencies established by the International Confederation of Midwives (ICM) and the combined expertise of Bastyr University and the renowned Seattle Midwifery School, this rigorous, proven curriculum equips health professionals to address both the art and science of midwifery by integrating theory with clinical experience. Graduates are prepared to enter the field as innovative leaders that provide midwifery care through a social justice lens.
From professional midwifery to social advocacy, Bastyr’s MSM graduates are equipped to serve childbearing families in a variety of ways.
- Certified Professional Midwife (CPM)
- Licensed Midwife
- Registered Midwife
- Owning a private practice focusing on birth center and/or home births
- Qualifying for registration in Canada as a midwife who practices in homes, birth centers and hospitals
- Developing or working in a community birth center
- Participating as part of an integrated maternity care team
- Acting as a consultant to conventional medical practices
- Working internationally to teach and provide care
- Serving as a national policy advocate
- Midwifery Care 1: Introduction to Midwifery
- Epidemiology for Midwives
- Midwifery Care Health Assessment
- Professional Issues Seminar: Power & Privilege in Midwifery
- Perinatal Nutrition 1: Pre-Conception and Prenatal
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Midwifery View 1625 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 required to be considered for admission.
- Grade of C or better is also required in all basic proficiency courses.
- Students may apply to the program while completing prerequisite coursework but must have a plan for completing prerequisites before the start of the program in the fall.
- An application
- Application fee
- Letters of recommendation (when required)
- Documentation of sufficient funds
- An official evaluation of your transcripts, sent directly from a foreign credential evaluation service
- A current photograph
- A copy of your passport
International27938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27938 USD per year during 36 months.
National27938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27938 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Kenmore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.