Postgraduate Programme Renewable Energy programme of Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg has cooperation agreements with universities abroad with the aim of intensifying the exchange of staff, students and curricula in the field of postgraduate renewable education.
Successful participation is awarded with an MSc degree. PPRE´s alumni made their careers in industries, consultancies, government bodies, NGOs or in research institutes.
The university keeps good contacts to alumni, who are taking part in regional seminars or are invited to give lectures for the present students. Networking with alumni includes a newsletter, e-mail distribution lists, internet platforms and visits.
Programme Learning Objectives
After finishing the programme, PPRE students should be able to
- critically analyse and discuss the role of Renewable Energy technologies in a climate and resource constrained energy sector
- explain different renewable energy technologies and its performance, covering the evaluation of Renewable Energy resources, principles of different conversion processes, characteristics of various materials, design of systems, performance of systems in operation as well as the use of models and tools for simulation and sizing
- explain and evaluate in depth the implementation of Renewable Energy for specific areas
- apply analytical research methodologies, including a reflective and critical approach to hands-on
- critically assess the principles of the socio-economic evaluation and sustainability of Renewable Energy technologies and the role of regulatory policy frameworks in the context of Renewable Energy, covering in particular developing countries
- apply scientific knowledge to a professional situation, as a reflective practitioner
- work in a multicultural and multi-disciplinary team
- communicate in a clear and structured way in both oral and written format
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introductory Laboratory
- Laboratory: Physical Principles of Renewable Energy Converters
- Socio-Economic Fundamentals
- Energy Meteorology
- Energy Systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Energy View 17 other Masters in Sustainable Energy in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have successfully completed a regular academic programme in Engineering or Science (e.g. Physics, Mech. Eng., Electr. Eng.)
- Your final grade has to equal at least a Second Upper; most of our students graduated from their previous studies in the First Division.
- Applicants have to provide certified proof of their English language competence
- Professional experience in the field of or related to (Renewable) Energy and/or Rural Development is appreciated; mandatory for DAAD applicants.
International2000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1000 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1000 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.