In this Culture, Organization and Management MSc programme offered at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam you'll need the empathy to understand the issues from the inside, but the distance to be able to come up with workable solutions. You’ll need the critical thinking and theoretical baggage to be able to deliver tough messages, but the diplomacy to be able to communicate effectively.
Multiple perspectives, first-hand
Culture, Organization and Management (COM) at VU Amsterdam is like no other. It offers a unique perspective by drawing close to organisational practice.
We teach you to look behind the scenes and focusing on both individual’s lived experience and the wider social context. No other university in the world offers such an ethnographic perspective on organisation and management, coupled with practical field research, grounded analysis and critical advice.
Entering the job market
- Having graduated with a Master’s degree in Culture, Organization and Management, your skills will be in high demand in many sectors.
- Consultancy firms – you’d be particularly well suited to consultancy firms specialising in a human approach. Some of our graduates have started their own consultancies as well.
- Management positions and traineeships in major companies – people who are culturally sensitive tend to make better leaders in today’s society.
- The public sector, NGOs and international organisations – working on international issues like climate change or humanitarian aid, especially a role as policymaker or advisor.
- Social work and medical professions – the healthcare sector, for example, has many complex issues that require an innovative, qualitative research approach to solve them.
- Communication and external relations – bringing across complex information to an external audience in a sensitive way.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Organization Sciences
- Sensemaking in Organizations
- Research Proposal
- Research Lab
- Practices in Culture, Organization and Management
- Changing Organizational Culture
- Culture and Identity in Organizations
- Transnational Organizations in a Global World
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Anthropology Management, Organisation & Leadership View 117 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You can apply to the Master’s programme in Culture, Organization and Management (COM) with one of the following Bachelor’s degrees:
- Business Administration
- Management and Organisation Science
- Organisation Studies
- Psychology track Social- or Work and Organisational Psychology
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16730 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16730 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Amsterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.