This International Hospitality and Service Management (FullTime or PartTime) master’s programme includes topics such as sustainable value creation, service performance improvements, strategic human resource management and financial decision making.
If you choose to, you also get the opportunity to work with the Academy of International Hospitality Research at NHL Stenden exploring such areas as hostmanship, sustainability, food waste, artificial intelligence, hospitality education, emotional labour, diversity, slow tourism and social entrepreneurship.
As a hospitality and service management professional, you will work in a dynamic and exciting industry. You will be trained for a strategic management position, managing all aspects of the services provided and helping to develop the organisational structure, strategies, processes and corporate culture from the customer’s perspective.
Careers open to you after graduation of the International Hospitality and Service Management programme at NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences include:
- General Manager
- Head of Research & Development
- Sales and Marketing Manager
- Corporate Policy Advisor
- Lecturer/Academic staff member
NHL Stenden will offer you a world of opportunities. Besides earning a dual degree, we have 600 industry connections in 40 countries, and 5 international locations. As a highly-skilled graduate of this course, you will be in high demand at a variety of companies all over the world.
- Triple 'good' rating by the Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders (NVAO).
- International Centre of Excellence in Tourism & Hospitality (THE-ICE).
- Stenden Hotel Management School was awarded the ECA Certificate for Quality in Internationalisation as the first institution in the Netherlands and first hotel management school in Europe.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- You will be trained as a specialist in these areas over a 1 year period, taking four ten-week modules. Additionally, you can acquire real-life work experience during your studies at the Stenden Hotel, a 4-star property owned and operated by Stenden Hotel Management School and used as a training venue for its students. You will attend classes based on a variety of teaching methods, including seminars, workshops, lectures, presentations, group assignments and guest lectures.
- As part of your studies, you will take three modules that prepare you for the process of writing your final-year thesis. You will learn how to develop a research proposal and how to collect and analyse data.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesInternational Relations Management Studies Hospitality Management View 99 other Masters in Management Studies in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences and/or in Netherlands, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- To be admitted to one of our master’s programmes, you will need to meet the admission requirements as outlined in Dutch Higher Education law. For an international Master’s programme at NHL Stenden you will need a relevant bachelor’s degree that is at is at least equivalent to an NLQF 6/EQF 6 level (Dutch/European Qualifications Framework).*
- All non-EU/EEA applicants are required to submit an English proficiency test with their application to show that their English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in their studies.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11995 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11995 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA11995 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11995 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Leeuwarden
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.