Accounting and Finance program at Minnesota State University Moorhead is a unique blend of two disciplines and practice and is designed as a fifth-year extension of the undergraduate programs in accounting and finance. This graduate degree is well suited for new graduates or early career professionals in these fields, as well as business students seeking more specialized training.
Graduates with Accounting and Finance program at Minnesota State University Moorhead will:
- demonstrate the ability to apply financial concepts to solve financial problems.
- be able to evaluate alternative financial strategies and select an appropriate course of action.
- demonstrate the ability to conduct accounting research effectively.
- be able to identify and access relevant rules and standards.
- be able to resolve conflict or ambiguity in accounting standards.
- be able to extrapolate from available rules and guidance to solve problems not addressed by existing standards or rules.
- demonstrate the ability to use financial statement information effectively.
- be able to assess quality of reporting by a corporation.
- be able to identify and apply necessary adjustments to reported financial information to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively.
- be able to write effectively in their field.
- be able to deliver an effective oral presentation in their field.
- Commercial Transactions, Property, and Special Topics
- Advanced Accounting
- Tax Accounting
- Bank Management
- International Financial Management
- Financial Decision Making
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Financial Analysis and Valuation
- Futures and Options
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Accounting View 834 other Masters in Finance in United States
- Online graduate application
- $35 Non-Refundable application fee for all graduate applications
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Baccalaureate degree in Accounting OR Finance from an accredited institution (finance majors must have one year of intermediate accounting)
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 or at least 3.25 for the last 30 semester credits
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT); required of all applicants whose GPA falls between 2.75 and 3.0; minimum score of 450 required; only official scores accepted; no more than 5 years old
- Letter of intent
- Two recommendations
- For those whose native language is not English, an official score from either the TOEFL (6678 MSUM school code) or the IELTS (Minnesota State University Moorhead). The TOEFL required score is 550 (paper-based) or 78-80 (internet-based). A band score of 6.5 is required on the IELTS.
International18321 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 591 USD per credit during 12 months.
National18321 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 591 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Moorhead
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.