We expect graduates to take leadership positions in basic water resources research and in applied fields such as integrated river basin management, sanitation engineering, or hydropower engineering.
The Resources Engineering degree offered by Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) provides a forum for multi-disciplinary academic studies. Emphasis is given to aspects of civil engineering, geo- and environmental sciences. Students will learn to apply the scientific knowledge acquired for handling the natural resource water. The study will enable students to evaluate the optimal field of application and the efficiency of solutions to complex problems in research and society.
In short, the study promotes knowledge, and competencies essential for contributing to integrated resources management and R&D projects; this includes applying the technical standard that is feasible for development cooperation.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Hydraulic & Environmental Engineering
- Waste & Waste Water Technologies
- Soil & Groundwater Resources
- Protection & Use of Riverine Systems
- Infrastructure Engineering & Management
- Integrated Projects
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Civil Engineering & Construction Natural Resource Management View 17 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Above-average Bachelor's degree: B.Sc. or B.Eng.
- Above-average grades in subjects of civil engineering, geo- and environmental sciences.
- German: level B1 acc. to Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- At least 2 years of professional experience (DAAD applicants only).
International1500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1500 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- DAAD - Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst - German Academic Exchange Service.
- IPSWaT - Programme of the BMBF - Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung/Federal Ministry of Education and Research.
World Bank. Please apply directly to them and to the Resources Engineering Office.
- The e8 Sustainable Energy Development Scholarship Programme. The e8 Network is an international non-profit organisation of leading electricity companies from the G8 nations dedicated to efficient and environmentally sound electricity generation methods as well as human capactiy building.
- States ministries, universities, churches, and educational organizations in your country of origin or in Germany
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.