With this Masters, you will be able to apply what you learn to any physical activity, exercise or sporting event that requires qualified SEM cover, with immediate effect. Indeed, there is currently a rapidly growing expectation amongst professional sports clubs that team doctors will have undergone structured training programmes to a Masters level.
Your course will feature four of the UK’s consultants in SEM and a number of the UK’s leading physiotherapists in musculoskeletal (MSK) medicine and elite sport. As the course is based in the Faculty of Biological Sciences, you will also have the opportunity to learn from country-leading sports & exercise scientists. As an added bonus, being based in Yorkshire means you will have access to a range of fantastic professional sports teams and MSK services.
Suitable for full-time or part-time study, this course comprises a mixture of face-to-face learning, placements in clinics and leading sports clubs, alongside online learning, providing a course that’s suitable for applicants in full-time employment as well as those looking to study full time. You will join a small, student-focused cohort of 15-20 healthcare practitioners, offering you the opportunity to network and learn from peers alongside strong tutor support. This course provides you with the unique ability to learn and work alongside a multi-disciplinary team of doctors, physiotherapists and sports therapists, just as you would in an elite sports setting.
Upon completion of this Sport and Exercise Medicine course from University of Leeds, students are well-placed for further study, e.g. recent graduates undertaking PhD research in this field. Through support with your clinical mentor on the course, a range of opportunities for career development are available.
Please check the up-to-date programme structure on the official programme website.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Sports Sciences View 368 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Leeds and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants should normally have at least a 2:1 honours degree (or international equivalent), in a related discipline. Currently, we are accepting candidates with degrees in medicine, physiotherapy, sports therapy, sports rehabilitation/training, podiatry or osteopathy.
- Appropriate professional registration should also be held with the GMC, Health and Care Professions Council, Chartered Society of Physiotherapy or British Association of Sport Rehabilitators and Trainers. Applicants without professional registration with the GMC, Health and Care Professions Council, Chartered Society of Physiotherapy or British Association of Sport Rehabilitators and Trainers are required to have at least one year of relevant post-graduation clinical experience. All applicants should be able to demonstrate clear potential for benefiting from the programme.
International27000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National14250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14250 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.