This programme is accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS) through “Accreditation Through Partnership”. It is designed and delivered with a view to preparing students for practitioner career pathways or doctoral research and academic roles in sport and exercise psychology and sport and exercise science, with a focus on psychology.Our staff also work as practitioners with national governing sport bodies, individual athletes and professional teams.
Our Sport and Exercise Psychology MSc programme at Loughborough University is designed and delivered to prepare you for two specific career pathways:
Sport and exercise psychologist or scientist
Becoming a sport and exercise psychologist: You should contact the BPS about registering for the Stage 2 Qualification in Sport and Exercise Psychology (QSEP), which typically involves two years full-time (up to four years part-time) training as a 'Trainee Sport and Exercise Psychologist'. Please be aware that the BPS requires trainees intending to register on the Stage 2 QSEP to have Graduate Status for Chartership (GBC). On successful completion of the BPS Stage 2 Qualification, you can apply to the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) for registration as a 'Sport and Exercise Psychologist'. You are encouraged to contact potential supervisors to enquire about opportunities and supervisory fees.
British Psychological Society (BPS)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Motivation and Individual Differences in Sport and Exercise
- Performance Psychology and Management
- Psychology of Exercise for Clinical Populations
- Project (MSc Sport and Exercise Psychology)
- Mental Health in Sport and Exercise
- Professional Practice in Sport Psychology
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Some programmes fill up quickly, so we recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible so you are not disappointed.
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Sports Sciences View 320 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
- An honours degree (good 2.1 of 65% or above, or equivalent international qualification) in sport and exercise science, psychology or a related field.
International25450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25450 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11400 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part-time students should divide the published fee by 180 credits and then multiply by the number of credits they are taking to calculate their tuition fees.
Living costs for Loughborough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
British Marshall Scholarships
- Awards are open to US citizens who are graduates of US universities, to undertake study in any subject leading to a degree at a UK university.
Dean’s Award for Enterprise Scholarship
- The Dean's Award for Enterprise offers 90% off the full cost of tuition fees, for UK, EU and international students with an inspiring business idea.
Loughborough Sports Scholarship
- To support the sporting and academic development of talented student athletes. The level of support varies by sport and performance level.
Academic Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.