The programme is ideal if you are interested in a career in banking, finance government (central banking, treasury, etc), international organisations, business, management consultancy and economic consultancy.You will examine both the microeconomic impacts for firms and the macroeconomic implications for the global economy, and will develop advanced theoretical and quantitative skills – highly sought after by employers in financial services and government – as well as transferable skills that will be of value in a range of other business and policy sectors.
This MSc Economics and Finance programme at Loughborough University will equip you with the skills of professional economist. Well-trained, numerate economists are in high demand in every sector of the economy.
This course opens up the opportunity to pursue careers in banking, finance, government (central banking, treasury, etc.), international organisations, business, management consultancy, economic consultancy, and for higher awards by research.
Example graduate roles include:
- Analyst, HSBC
- Associate FX Broker, SSR Group (Sweden)
- Finance Officer, Siemens
- Microeconomic Theory and Behaviour
- Macroeconomic Policy and Financial Markets
- Financial Economics
- Economic Data Analysis
- Research Skills
- Applied Financial Econometrics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Some programmes fill up quickly, so we recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible so you are not disappointed.
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Financial Mathematics View 854 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
- 2:1 honours degree (or equivalent international qualification) in economics, finance, business, management, management science, operations research or a related subject.
- Applicants from other disciplines will also be considered provided that your degree includes at least introductory modules in economics and an introduction to quantitative subjects such as calculus and statistics.
International23850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23850 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Loughborough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.