The depth of maths taught in our mathematical finance master's will give you the skills you need to succeed in the finance sector. It is also the ideal preparation if you want to pursue a research career in stochastic analysis, financial mathematics and other relevant areas.
Drawing on the expertise within our Department of Mathematical Sciences, you will undertake core specialised modules in stochastic analysis and measure theory, whilst also choosing optional modules covering wide-ranging topics of interest, including corporate finance, functional analysis and asset management. This makes the programme suitable both for those who are interested in an academic pathway (eg progressing to a PhD), as well as students seeking to enter the quantitative finance sector.
Our Mathematical Finance MSc programme at Loughborough University may lead to a wide range of employment within industry, the financial sector and research establishments. It also provides an ideal foundation for postgraduate research in stochastic analysis, probability theory, mathematical finance and other relevant areas.
Recent graduate destinations include:
- Deloitte, Business analyst
- HSBC, Finance analyst
- JPSS, Data analyst
- Lloyds Banking Group, Risk Analyst
- Brownian Motion
- Stochastic Models in Finance
- Regular and Chaotic Dynamics
- Lie Groups and Lie Algebras
- Programming and Numerical Methods
- Statistics for Large Data
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Some programmes fill up quickly, so we recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible so you are not disappointed.
DisciplinesMathematics Finance Financial Mathematics View 133 other Masters in Financial Mathematics in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 honours degree (or equivalent international qualification) in a subject with a high mathematical content.
International19950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Loughborough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
British Marshall Scholarships
- Awards are open to US citizens who are graduates of US universities, to undertake study in any subject leading to a degree at a UK university.
Dean’s Award for Enterprise Scholarship
- The Dean's Award for Enterprise offers 90% off the full cost of tuition fees, for UK, EU and international students with an inspiring business idea.
Loughborough Sports Scholarship
- To support the sporting and academic development of talented student athletes. The level of support varies by sport and performance level.
Academic Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.