The Nursing program of Clayton State University is a committed champion to the training of a diverse workforce that reflects the population of Georgia. Combining rigorous coursework with hands on clinical experience, students learn to collaboratively manage acute and chronic conditions as well as provide excellent community-based primary care to diverse, underserved, and vulnerable populations.
The curriculum has been developed to meet current national standards. Graduates of the FNP program are eligible to sit for national certification by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP).
The degree offers graduates the opportunities to:
- Implement advanced practice roles as primary providers within the nursing profession and the health care system utilizing human caring as the foundation for nursing practice
- Develop and nurture collaborative and interdependent relationships by communicating with other health care professionals.
- Analyze personal and organizational decision making utilizing an understanding of how ethics and values influence health care delivery.
- Utilize nursing research for the promotion of high quality health care, and evidence based practice.
- Demonstrate critical thinking in the application of nursing and multidisciplinary theoretical frameworks to foster optimal client health outcomes.
- Demonstrate cultural competence that reflects sensitivity to human diversity in a dynamic academic and health care environment.
- Develop comprehensive, holistic plans of care that address health promotion and disease prevention needs of diverse populations.
- Demonstrate competence in the primary care role and a commitment to ongoing professional development for the provision of quality, cost-effective health care to clients, families and communities, and to foster the advancement of nursing practice.
- Utilize information technology to integrate innovations in patient care delivery within organizational systems and across all health-illness transitions.
- Integrates knowledge in health assessment, pharmacology and pathophysiology into the role of the advanced practice nurse.
Career Opportunities for FNP Graduates
- Provide primary care in health clinics, medical offices and managed care settings
- Serve in other areas such as clinical research, education and public health
- Start one’s own private practice in collaboration with a physician
- Serve in governmental agencies
- Teach or practice at institutions of higher learning
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Diagnostic & Clinical Reasoning for Advanced Practice Nurses
- Advanced Health Assessment for FNPs
- Health Promotion & Problems of Adults and Their Families
- Advanced Pharmacology for FNPs
- Health Promotion of Children and Their Families
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Preferred deadline: January 15
DisciplinesNursing View 308 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Completed application for admission to the School of Graduate Studies and a $50 application fee.
- One (1) Official copy of transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- A statement of purpose
- An interview on campus may be required
- Licensure and Certification: Proof of current unrestricted Georgia RN license or eligibility for Georgia RN licensure is required for admission. Proof of licensure, regardless of state, is required prior to the end of the first semester.
- Provisional Admission: An applicant failing to meet one or more of the standards required for admission as a regular student may be eligible for provisional admission, if space in the program is available, for up to one semester under conditions specified at the time of admission. Students who fail to make progress under provisional admission will be withdrawn from the program.
- Clinical Experience: 1-2 years of clinical nursing experience is preferred.
International24030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12015 USD per semester during 24 months.
National24030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12015 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State6030 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3015 USD per semester during 24 months.
- 9 credit hours per term
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.