We believe that higher education leaders should be equipped with a firm understanding of leadership, culture, and teamwork in order to lead complex organizations and implement a myriad of administrative responsibilities.
We understand that adults learn best when new theories, concepts, and information are integrated into familiar contexts, when there are ongoing opportunities for collaboration and discourse, and when the "big picture" is always present. Consequently, the program's learning model is cohort-based and content is built around broad themes that encompass components of the complex organization we know as higher education.
This program in Higher Education Leadership at the Northwest Missouri State University is offered in the blended model: 7-8 face-to-face meetings each term with online attendance throughout the entire term. Opportunities for program specialization are available through electives incorporated into the program.
Individuals currently holding, or interested in, leadership positions in higher education will find this program flexible and accommodating to their needs.
Career Opportunities in Higher Education
- The higher education leadership profession encompasses a wide range of duties and skill sets. The profession requires skill and experience in working with people within an academic community with specialized skill sets in finance and personnel management as well as public relations, technology transfer, and strategic planning.
- A wide range of administrative and management positions comprise the profession including the following: curriculum development, student support and guidance, student advisement, assessment and management, student recruitment and admissions, research support, publications, management information and statistics, alumni relations, and international student services, as well as external relations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Leadership Issues in Higher Education
- Higher Education Administration
- College Students in America
- Law, Policy, and Finance in Higher Education
- Introduction to Institutional Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation View 4074 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Candidates are required to hold a bachelors degree from an accredited institution; no other certification is required. Successful applicants must have at least a 2.75 GPA at the undergraduate level.
- Verbal and quantitative added together must equal at least 280; 3.5 on analytical writing assessmentFor those candidates who have taken the GMAT, scores of 440 and higher are accepted.
- All students are required to have a completed Approved Program Form during the first semester of the program.
- To meet exit comprehensive requirements, program members are required to submit a completed portfolio and field study in their last semester of coursework for evaluation by a faculty panel. Those students who have successfully completed all course work, portfolio and field study requirements will be approved for graduation.
International7797 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7797 USD per year during 12 months.
National7797 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7797 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Maryville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.