This program in Education from the Northwest Missouri State University is particularly adapted to the needs of vocational agriculture teachers who embark upon a graduate program. The student continues the development of his or her professional educational background while concentrating on his or her area of specialization in agriculture.
The graduate study will improve the qualifications and capabilities of the students, provide opportunity for independent study and investigation, and provide the necessary education for graduate students to enter further advanced degree programs. Students in this option must have a B.S.Ed. degree. Students must meet the requirements of the College of Education in addition to the requirements of the School of Agricultural Sciences.
Students must have a score of at least 300 on both the verbal and quantitative portions of the GRE before they will be admitted to candidacy. Students having GRE score of less than 300 verbal or quantitative can petition the graduate faculty of the School of Agricultural Sciences for a waiver of the GRE requirement.
Why Should I Choose a Career in Agriculture?
- Each year, nearly 48,000 NEW jobs are created in agriculture, leaving nearly a five percent shortage of qualified graduates. Many of the jobs in agriculture pay higher than other fields. According to the latest survey by the USDA, the employment market for ag grads will stay strong through the turn of the century. And you don't have to be raised on a farm to find an exciting career in agriculture.
- The School of Agricultural Sciences at Northwest Missouri State University is one of the finest in the Midwest and offers a well-rounded education to prepare graduates for diverse careers in the world of agriculture.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Students must have a score of at least 300 on both the verbal and quantitative portions of the GRE before they will be admitted to candidacy. Students having GRE score of less than 300 verbal or quantitative can petition the graduate faculty of the School of Agricultural Sciences for a waiver of the GRE requirement.
- The student will complete a total of 32 credit hours of coursework. Any graduate course from any school/department may be selected as an elective providing the student will have completed at least 16 semester hours at the 600-level.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesTeaching Agriculture View 225 other Masters in Agriculture in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To be considered for admission to graduate studies at Northwest, an applicant should submit an application well in advance of enrollment date
- The application along with official transcripts of all previous degree(s) and credits earned from all accredited institutions, and GRE, GMAT scores or alternative requirements, if applicable, must be submitted to the Graduate Office
International7797 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7797 USD per year during 12 months.
National7797 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7797 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Maryville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.