A balance of theory and practice is applied to the solving of real engineering design problems and all projects meet the product design requirements of one of our many cooperating companies.
Our Engineering Design MSc programme at Loughborough University is devised to meet the challenges of the rapidly changing global market; the availability of well-designed products, processes and systems is the foundation of successful commercial enterprises. You will develop the technical and transferable skills highly sought after by industry and academic research.
We are one of the UK’s largest engineering schools and have an outstanding international research reputation which drives everything we do.
This cutting-edge research feeds directly into the content of our programme, meaning you’ll be taught the latest developments by world leading experts.
The School maintains strong links within the sector and students will have opportunities to visit various industries during their studies in addition to parts of certain modules being delivered by industrial experts. Our graduates are highly employable and work all over the world in various sectors.
Graduates are well qualified to take on various roles and have gone on to be Design and Project Engineers and Product Designers in various companies including Chargebox, Jaguar Land Rover, JCB and Network Rail to name a few.
A number of graduates have progressed on to further study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Structural Analysis
- Engineering Design Methods
- Engineering for Sustainable Development
- Innovation Process and Entrepreneurship in Engineering
- Engineering Management and Business Studies
- Computer Aided Engineering
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Some programmes fill up quickly, so we recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible so you are not disappointed.
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design General Engineering & Technology View 689 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 honours degree (or equivalent international qualification) in a relevant science, technology, engineering or maths discipline.
- Applicants with qualifications slightly below this level, alternative qualifications and/or professional experience will also be considered.
International25450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25450 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National11400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11400 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.