The Biomedicine programme at Karolinska Institute provides cutting edge knowledge and essential practical and communication skills for an academic research career within the field of biomedicine.
It focuses on understanding disease mechanisms at a molecular level, particularly for the most common and widespread diseases, with the aim of developing future methods for the diagnosis and treatment of these diseases.
- The programme provides a solid foundation for graduates wishing to continue with studies at the doctoral level (PhD). It also provides possibilities for a career in the field of research, or for research-related occupations, both within academia or within the life science industry.
- Karolinska Institutet (KI) is one of the world's leading universities in the biomedical field. The Global Master's Programme in Biomedicine is research-oriented and runs in close association with KI's renowned research environment.
- The programme focuses on basic biological knowledge and how it is used to drive medical developments forward. As a student, the first part of the programme provides you with a general, advanced biomedical base.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants with foreign academic credentials should follow the documentation requirements for master's applicants at universityadmissions.se
- Applicants with Swedish academic credentials should follow the documentation requirements at antagning.se
International9636 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19272 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- 200 000 SEK per year
Living costs for Stockholm
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.