About Family Primary Care Nurse Practitioner at La Salle University
Students will explore the psychological, social, cultural, environmental and economic influences on health care and be prepared to meet the needs of diverse groups and populations. Prepare to build your own practice as a nurse practitioner or work in a variety of settings including private practices, public clinics, or hospital-based outpatient clinics.
This Family Primary Care Nurse Practitioner program also prepares graduates to take either the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) exam to become certified as a nurse practitioner.
Program outcomesUpon completion of the MSN FNP online program at La Salle University, students will be able to:
- Practice independently and collaboratively with an interprofessional team while delivering direct and indirect care services in various types of health care systems
- Use research findings from nursing and other disciplines as a basis for clinical decision-making to improve practice and to formulate health policy
- Use ethical decision-making to promote the well-being of individuals, families and health care professionals in local, national and international communities
- Utilize evidence-based practice recommendations and professional standards of care to promote health, prevent disease and improve the health status of individuals, families, groups, communities and populations
- Function as a leader and change agent in nursing and in health care delivery systems particularly to ensure quality care for vulnerable and underserved populations
- Nursing Research for Evidence-Based Practice
- Advanced Nursing Roles in Health Care
- Advanced Nursing Practice for Population -Based Care
- Family System Concepts for Primary Care
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Advanced Health Assessment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing View 392 other Masters in Nursing in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at La Salle University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from an accredited university
- Applicants with less than a 3.2 GPA can submit MAT/GRE scores showing above 50th percentile on verbal and quantitative skills
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended or currently attending
- Unencumbered RN license
- Statement of purpose submitted within application
- One year of direct patient care experience is needed prior to beginning clinical experiences
International20362 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40725 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National20362 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40725 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.