Students will learn how to prevent, diagnose and treat common health problems while focusing on at-risk and vulnerable populations.
This Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner program from La Salle University also prepares graduates to take either the American Nurses Credentialing Center or the American Association of Nurse Practitioners exam to become certified as a nurse practitioner.
- Integrate advanced theoretical, research-based, scientific and clinical knowledge into clinical practice to provide nursing care to diverse clients
- Demonstrate communication skills to enhance the quality of care provided at individual and aggregate levels
- Demonstrate safe, effective assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation skills in caring for individuals and groups while working in inter-professional collaborative relationships
- Provide culturally competent care to all persons regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, socioeconomic status, culture, health care beliefs and religion
- Function as a leader and change agent in nursing and in health care delivery systems, particularly to ensure quality care for vulnerable and underserved populations
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability for ongoing professional development
- Research for Evidence-Based Practice
- Advanced Nursing Roles in Health Care
- Advanced Nursing Practice for Population -Based Care
- System Concepts for Primary Care
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Adult Gerontology Primary Care
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing View 356 other Masters in Nursing in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- BSN degree from an accredited university
- RN license that is valid and unencumbered
- Applicants with less than a 3.2 GPA can submit MAT/GRE scores showing above 50th percentile on verbal and quantitative skills
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended or currently attending
- Unencumbered RN license
- Statement of purpose submitted within application
- One year of direct patient care experience is needed prior to beginning clinical experiences
International23069 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34604 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
National23069 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34604 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.