The Advanced Chemical Engineering with Information Technology and Management programme taught at Loughborough University builds on the Department of Chemical Engineering’s established strengths in computer modelling, process systems engineering, reaction engineering, numerical modelling, computational fluid dynamics, finite element modelling, process control and development of software for process technologies.
Teaching is augmented by staff from other departments and has an emphasis on design activities. We aim to provide you with an in-depth understanding of the IT skills required for advanced chemical processes and increase your knowledge of the concepts of entrepreneurship, planning a new business, marketing, risk, and financial management and exit strategy.
£4 million has been invested in the redevelopment of the department’s labs including a pilot scale and computer labs, and an ‘igloo’ – a 3D virtual training facility in collaboration with BP, offering an excellent training and learning facility.
A £17 million investment, the new STEMLab, a state-of-the-art learning facility provides a Design studio, and computer aided engineering studio (class teaching of engineering software), an instruments room, and a range of synthesis, characterisation, processing and bio engineering labs.
What makes this programme different?
- Develop a high level of industry specific skills
- Learn how to run your own business
- Accredited by the Institution of Chemical Engineers
- £17 million new state-of-the-art learning facility
- £4 million invested in laboratory redevelopment
Graduates progress onto careers across a variety of industries, while a number go on to PhD study.
Recent graduate destinations include:
- Exxon Mobil
- Tata Steel Europe
- Brunei Shell Company
The programme is accredited by the Institution of Chemical Engineers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Process Systems Engineering and Applied IT Practice
- Advanced Computational Methods for Modelling and Analysis of Chemical Engineering Systems
- Planning and Communicating Research
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Strategic Management for Construction
- MSc Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Any applications or results submitted after this date will only be considered if there are still places on the programme or time to obtain a student visa.
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Informatics & Information Sciences Technology Management View 222 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in United Kingdom
- An honours degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent overseas qualification in engineering or physical sciences.
International23500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
British Marshall Scholarships
- Awards are open to US citizens who are graduates of US universities, to undertake study in any subject leading to a degree at a UK university.
Dean’s Award for Enterprise Scholarship
- The Dean's Award for Enterprise offers 90% off the full cost of tuition fees, for UK, EU and international students with an inspiring business idea.
Loughborough Sports Scholarship
- To support the sporting and academic development of talented student athletes. The level of support varies by sport and performance level.
Academic Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.