On this course, you'll develop your technological and technical abilities, and take your previous studies and experience to postgraduate level. You'll master data mining tools, unlock specialist knowledge, and apply both to analyse real data from our research in cosmology, health informatics and cybersecurity.
You'll plan and produce an in-depth research project too, and we'll provide the expertise and support so you can develop your professional practice. And once you graduate, you'll have a skillset that'll get you noticed – and all the tools you need for a career in data analytics or deep learning.
What you’ll experience
- Apply your skills to real-life practical problems with real-world data sets
- Enhance your existing knowledge by developing solutions that use our supercomputers and networked computer clusters
- Learn about advanced data management, applied data analytics and engineering, business intelligence and big data applications
- Make use of our multi-platform network suites and extensive laboratory facilities, which include a mobile computing lab to develop Android and iOS apps, usability lab with eye-tracking equipment and a forensics lab
- Manage and understand the business value that can be extracted from data sets
- Learn from academic staff with relevant experience in the field, including research and consultancy
Work experience and career planning
You'll graduate from this course with enhanced skills in data science and analytics. You'll know how to extract the most valuable information from data sets with mixed attributes, and you'll be an expert in new techniques and technologies in the field, making you highly employable.
Career opportunities include:
- Senior data scientist
- Data architect
- Data officer
- Information strategist
- PhD research
We'll provide you with as much support as possible in finding employment through close industrial contacts, careers events, recruitment fairs and individual advice.
We'll help you to identify internships, voluntary roles and opportunities that will complement your studies.
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your data analytics skills to work.
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
Teaching and programme assessment
Teaching on this course includes:
- lab sessions
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Data and Text Analytics
- Big Data Applications
- Business Intelligence
- Data Management
- Master's Engineering or Master's Study Project
Please see our website for our latest module information
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- September 2022
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics Computer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 230 other Masters in Business Intelligence & Analytics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A first or an upper second-class honours degree in a relevant subject or a degree with relevant experience, or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications.
- English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.0 with no component score below 6.0.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.