The English Studies degree from University of Mauritius should prepare graduates for jobs where critical skills are required.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Have a good grasp of key literary movements, literary and critical theories;
- Engage with literary and cultural analysis;
- Explain and evaluate existing and emerging linguistic phenomena in various social contexts using linguistic, sociolinguistic and/or literacy theories;
- Demonstrate ability to carry out independent research;
- Develop and articulate a scholarly argument;
- Research Design and Methodology
- Locating Mauritius Culturally
- Applied Sociolinguistics
- Postmodern Identities
- Gendered Literary Voices
- Cultural Constructions of Africa
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Successful completion of an undergraduate degree with:
- at least a Second Class Degree or 50% (whichever is applicable) in English or the Humanities or Social Sciences acceptable to the Department, including History with Social Studies/International Relations/ Heritage Studies, Media Studies and Communication Studies, Law.
- a GPA not less than 2.5 out of 4 or equivalent, from a recognised higher education institution.
International669 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 669 EUR per year during 24 months.
National669 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 669 EUR per year during 24 months.
- 32,400 Mauritian Rupees.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.