The objective of the MSc Applied Statistics - Actuarial Science program at University of Mauritius is to provide postgraduate training to students in specialised application areas of statistics and actuarial science.
On the completion of the programme, the students should be able to:
- Identify and apply appropriate advanced statistical and actuarial techniques to solve a given decision making problem, coupled with uncertainty, and propose solutions in areas of finance, insurance and other business sectors.
- Use specialized packages for data (risk) modelling and analysis, including performing simulations and data-mining.
- Build predictive univariate or multivariate statistical models for application in a wide range of fields.
- Modelling Time Series and Longitudinal Data
- Survey Methods and Survey Data Analysis
- Multivariate Methods
- Data Mining
- Statistical Inference and Computational Methods
- Stochastic Processes
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science with strong coverage of statistics/econometrics and actuarial studies.
- Or equivalent qualifications acceptable to the University of Mauritius. Consideration can also be given to students having strong quantitative background in relevant field.
International1003 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1003 EUR per year during 24 months.
National1003 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1003 EUR per year during 24 months.
- 48,600 Mauritian rupee
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.