- You'll have access to our advanced photography and fine art facilities, including graduate studio space, a digital imaging lab, a commercial lighting studio, and darkrooms. In a supportive critique setting, you'll share your work with our faculty members, guest curators, and visiting artists. You'll make professional connections through our partnerships with the Museum of Contemporary Photography and local galleries, museums, and studios.
- Columbia College Chicago's MFA Photography program doesn't focus on one school of thought. Our students bring diverse perspectives and experiences to the program and continuously challenge, inform, and support each other.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Still/Moving: Photography&Video
- Photographic History, Theory & Criticism: 1900-1989
- Written Thesis
- Photographic History, Theory & Criticism: 1989-Present
- Research as Creative Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 837 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Columbia College Chicago and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Application fee: $60
- Two letters of recommendation
- Transcript(s) from all colleges/universities attended
- Personal Statement
International36813 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 73627 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National36813 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 73627 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.