As well as developing your leadership, management and entrepreneurial capabilities, you’ll build expertise in key business areas such as corporate communications, financial management, business strategy and change management. You’ll network and share ideas with peers from other industries and immediately apply what you learn in your current role, boosting your performance and increasing your impact.
Graduates can apply for Chartered Manager status through the CMI (Chartered Management Institute) following completion of the programme.
What you'll experience
- Link theory and research to management practice by applying what you learn to your current role and workplace
- Learn from staff with research and consultancy experience, and links with industry
- Work on an applied project to deliver practical value for your own organisation (or another) by analysing a challenge or opportunity and providing useful recommendations
- Hone your analytical and research skills and bring together your knowledge and learning by doing an integrated strategy project
- Use your Applied Learning Portfolio to demonstrate how you’re applying new knowledge and behaviours in a work-based context
- Learn from industry experts while expanding your network with guest lectures and business events sponsored by the Faculty of Business and Law
- Explore opportunities and hear from talent management experts at our Enterprise and Employability Week events, professional networking events and job fairs
- Tap into our Library’s vast selection of electronic resources, which are available 24/7 and include access to thousands of e-journals
- Get access to Chartered Management Institute (CMI) materials throughout the course, including useful articles and scenarios
Teaching on this course includes:
- business simulations
- group discussions
- case studies
Careers and opportunities
When you graduate, you'll have the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to fulfil your career ambitions, in your current company and beyond.
Recruiters for roles that require specialist knowledge or research skills, including senior leadership roles and business consultancy, particularly target those with higher level qualifications such as the MBA.
Previous MBA graduates have progressed to roles including:
- chief executive
- global director
- general manager
- programme manager
- business consultant
- finance director
Other graduates have used their entrepreneurial skills to start up businesses as well.
You can apply through the ‘qualified route' to become a Chartered Member (CMg MCMI) or a Chartered Fellow (CMgr FCMI), depending on your experience, when you complete the course.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Strategic Management
- Corporate Communications
- Financial Management
- Applied Learning Portfolio
- Strategic Leadership and Change
- Strategic People Management
- Strategy Development in Uncertainty
- Applied Learning Portfolio (including the Work-Based Learning Project)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Master in Business Administration (MBA) Strategic Management View 755 other Masters in Business Administration in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A second-class honours degree (or equivalent, including professional qualifications), not necessarily in a business related subject, plus at least 3 years of work experience at a professional or managerial level.
- Alternatively, applicants without formal qualifications, but with a minimum of 5 years of management experience, are welcome to apply
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.