Are you a senior manager who wants to develop your knowledge and skills to MBA level or are you looking to progress into a senior management role in the future?
This part-time senior leader Master's degree apprenticeship for people with professional experience prepares you for senior leadership and management roles in private, public and third-sector organisations. It doesn't cost you anything because the Government and your employer pay your fees.
You'll study on day release from your job. You'll develop your leadership, management and entrepreneurial capabilities and build expertise in key business areas such as corporate communications, financial management, business strategy and change management. You’ll study with peers from other industries and immediately apply what you learn in your job.
After you complete the course, you can apply to the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) to become a Chartered Member (CMg MCMI) or a Chartered Fellow (CMgr FCMI), depending on your experience. You’ll accelerate your career progression and have the skills, knowledge and confidence to go into senior management and leadership positions in roles such as chief executive, general manager or finance director. You'll also have the skills and knowledge to launch your own business in the future.
On this MBA degree apprenticeship course, you'll:
- Link theory and research to management practice by applying what you learn to your current role and workplace
- Learn from staff with research and consultancy experience, and links with industry
- Work on an applied project to deliver practical value for your own organisation (or another) by analysing a challenge or opportunity and providing useful recommendations
- Hone your analytical and research skills and bring together your knowledge and learning by doing an integrated strategy project
- Use your Applied Learning Portfolio to demonstrate how you’re applying new knowledge and behaviours in a work-based context
- Learn from industry experts while expanding your network with guest lectures and business events sponsored by the Faculty of Business and Law
- Explore opportunities and hear from talent management experts at our Enterprise and Employability Week events, professional networking events and job fairs
- Tap into our Library’s vast selection of electronic resources, which are available 24/7 and include access to thousands of e-journals
- Get access to Chartered Management Institute (CMI) materials throughout the course, including useful articles and scenarios
You can review and refine your career plans throughout the programme with support from course tutors, and Careers and Employability staff.
After you leave the University, you can continue to get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability team as you advance in your career.
Careers and opportunities
When you graduate, you'll have the skills, knowledge and confidence you need to fulfil your career ambitions, in your current company and beyond.
Recruiters for roles that need specialist knowledge or research skills, including senior leadership roles and business consultancy, particularly target those with higher level qualifications such as the MBA.
Previous MBA graduates have progressed to roles including:
- chief executive
- global director
- general manager
- programme manager
- business consultant
- finance director
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Core modules in this year include:
- Coaching for Leaders and Managers – 15 credits
- Corporate Communications – 15 credits
- Financial Management – 15 credits
- Strategic Leadership and Change – 15 credits
- Strategic Management – 15 credits
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesProject Management Management Studies Leadership View 1588 other Masters in Management Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
A second-class honours degree (or equivalent, including professional qualifications), not necessarily in a business related subject, plus at least 3 years of work experience at a professional or managerial level. Alternatively, applicants without formal qualifications, but with a minimum of 5 years of management experience, are welcome to apply. Applicants may be subject to interview and/or be asked to submit a portfolio in support of their application.All applicants to the Degree Apprenticeship courses must have an acceptable Level 2 qualification in English and Mathematics. Acceptable qualifications include GCSE with grade C/4 or above and Functional Skills with Pass - please note that we are not able to accept all kinds of Level 2 qualifications, so if you are unsure whether you have a suitable qualification please get in touch. If you do not have an acceptable qualification you may be required to take an additional assessment during the application process.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.