Counseling and Clinical Health Psychology program at Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine provides specialized training in cognitive behavioral therapy and training in empirically supported treatment techniques. Grounded in the cognitive-behavioral tradition, this program trains practitioner-scholars to offer assessment, therapy, consultation, program evaluation, social justice advocacy and followup services.
The mission of the master’s program in counseling and clinical health psychology is to prepare highly skilled, compassionate counselors to provide empirically based, culturally sensitive and collaborative interventions.
The MS in Counseling and Clinical Health Psychology program prepares individuals to work in mental health and medical settings—including mental health centers, inpatient psychiatric settings, outpatient clinics or group practices, general hospitals and private or public schools—providing assessment, therapy and consultation services.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include
- Theories of Counseling
- Assessment and Counseling Skills
- Lifespan Development
- Winter Program Evaluation, Research Methods and Statistics
- Foundations of Psychotherapy
- Counseling Perspectives on Psychopathology
- Spring Social and Cultural Foundations in Counseling
- Professional, Legal and Ethical Issues in Counseling
- Tests and Measurements
- Summer Group Therapy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Counselling View 1088 other Masters in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants to the MS programs in Mental Health Counseling and/or Counseling and Clinical Health Psychology must have completed a bachelor's degree in psychology, counseling, education, social work or nursing from a regionally accredited institution.
- Following the completion of the admission process, each applicant will be notified of the Admission's Committee decision in writing, including any conditions that must be satisfied prior to or following enrollment.
International22152 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 923 USD per credit during 24 months.
National22152 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 923 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.