The MS in School Psychology -Applied Behavior Analysis program from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine provides a strong foundation in school psychology—with a specialization in applied behavior analysis—and seeks to bring the best of the discipline and practice of school psychology and behavior analysis to understanding and enhancing the development of all children.
The program is committed to training school psychologists and behavior analysts who are thoroughly prepared for service and practice in the 21st century and offers a holistic and integrated view of health care—one that treats the whole person and provides the opportunity to consult and collaborate with students from other medical-related disciplines.
Most school psychology experts work with children in grades K-12. Many are employed in public and private schools, mental health centers or other educational organizations.
- School psychologists and behavior analysts provide a full range of psychological and educational services, ranging from assessments to consultations with teachers and parents on various academic and systems issues. Moreover, they collaborate and form partnerships with families, educators, health care providers and the community at large.
- Upon completion of the MS degree, students have fulfilled the required coursework to continue progress towards school psychology certification via the Educational Specialist (EdS) degree and/or have the required coursework to continue towards behavior analysis certification (BCBA).
The MS program is also approved by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) to provide the course content required for the Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) credential.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include
- Professional School Psychology
- Learning: Theory and Application
- Developmental Psychology
- Basic Principles in Applied Behavior Analysis
- Single Case Experimental Design
- Behavior Assessment
- Exceptional Child
- Behavior Change & Systems Support
- Practicum: Functional Assessment
- Multicultural Counseling: Methods and Techniques
- Ethics, Law & Professional Practice
- 14 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Organisational Behaviour View 250 other Masters in Organisational Behaviour in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- School psychology program applicants must have successfully completed a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university in psychology, education or a related field with a "B" average or better prior to matriculation.
- At the discretion of the Admissions Committee, students may be required to take additional prerequisite courses that would enhance their preparation for the graduate program.
International26362 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 932 USD per credit during 14 months.
National26362 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 932 USD per credit during 14 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.