Mauritius has been diversifying its economy at a rapid pace during the last decade focusing mostly on tourism sectors. Since 2013, the government policy has been to drive forward the ocean economy for the Republic of Mauritius and to position the country as a regional hub in ocean-based economies.
The flexible MSc Coastal and Ocean Management programme from University of Mauritius adopts a blended learning approach comprising core and elective modules.
Upon completion of this programme, students are expected to:
- acquire advanced knowledge in coastal and ocean management;
- master the subject jargon and develop skills to express their acquired knowledge in both written and oral form, with proper referencing of information sources;
- develop scientific problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills and technical aptitudes in coastal and ocean management;
- appraise, evaluate, and analyse data and scientific literature critically ;
- develop the capacity to propose innovative and creative solutions to real-world problems in the ocean sector;
- develop the team spirit and to efficiently work in diverse groups;
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Integrated Coastal and Ocean Management
- Law of the Sea and Ocean Governance
- Coastal Hazards and Disasters
- Ocean and Coastal Sustainability
- Marme Pollution and Ecotoxicology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- at least a Second Class or 50%, whichever is applicable, or
- o a GPA not less than 2.5 out of 4 or equivalent, from a recognized higher education institution.
- BSc (Hons) in any of the following fields: Marine Science and Technology, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Agriscience and Technology, Agriculture (Sp. Aquaculture), Chemical and Environmental Engineering or equivalent qualifications acceptable to the University of Mauritius.
International1155 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1155 EUR per year during 24 months.
National1155 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1155 EUR per year during 24 months.
- 54,000 Mauritian Rupees
Living costs for Moka
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.