The Reading Specialists - Literacy Leadership Program at McDaniel College offers a comprehensive approach to reading instruction and incorporates current research, theoretical perspectives, informed practice, and thoughtful reflection. Candidates implement a repertoire of assessment procedures and instructional techniques across multiple grade levels to address the needs of diverse learners. In addition, our graduate candidates become an important part of a collaborative professional network.
Key Features of the RDS program include:
- Meets International Literacy Association standards as a nationally recognized program for the preparation of Reading Specialists.
- Presents unique opportunities to apply theory and research through practicum experiences and performance outcomes.
- Empowers candidates to become life-long learners and reflective practitioners.
- Fosters close working relationships with knowledgeable faculty.
- Offers a professional and personalized educational experience in a three-phase program.
- Examines ongoing assessment-instruction processes with a variety of diverse learners.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Early Literacy Foundations
Comprehensive Literacy Instruction
Reading in the Content Areas, Part I
Teaching Narrative Writing with Children’s Literature
Early Literacy Intervention
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Management, Organisation & Leadership View 964 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
Candidates seeking admission to the Graduate Reading Specialist: Literacy Leadership Program must:
- Complete the application for graduate study
- Hold a valid initial teaching certification in Early Childhood, Elementary, Secondary, or Special Education.
- Submit official transcripts verifying completion of an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0*
- Submit three official letters of recommendation
- Submit state-designated qualifying scores for the Praxis Exam or equivalency
International19510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19510 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National19510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19510 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.