Courses at McDaniel College are offered at the Westminster campus, online or in a hybrid format that allows you to take courses both ways.
If you aren’t sure that you want to commit to a full M.S. program at this time, you may elect to start with the Graduate Certificate in Gerontology. All courses in the certificate program for which you earn the grade of “B” or better can be transferred into the M.S. program.
Key Features of the Gerontology program include:
- Prepares, supports, and enhances your ability to work with a diverse population of older adults.
- Provides opportunities for you to develop an area of expertise which will prepare you for professional positions focused on improving the quality of life for older adults.
- Provides an interdisciplinary approach to studying gerontology so you are better prepared in their approach to geriatric care.
- Prepares you to assume leadership roles in the public and private sector.
In addition, you will develop skills to:
- Better understand the complex interrelations among aging, health and social structure.
- Assess, interpret and apply gerontological research findings.
- Effectively communicate gerontological concepts in oral and written form.
- Apply interdisciplinary gerontological knowledge to work with older adults in your chosen area of concentration.
- Interdisciplinary Approaches to Gerontology
- Biology of Aging
- Psychology of Aging
- Aging in a Diverse Society
- Introduction to Research Methodology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership View 2266 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- Completed application for graduate study.
- Official transcript verifying completion of an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.50.
- Three official professional or academic letters of recommendation. These requests will be emailed directly to the recommenders through your application.
- Letter of intent detailing personal and professional goals relative to the program of study.
International19060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19060 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National19060 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19060 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Westminster
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.