The Master of Science in Teaching program at McDaniel College, formerly known as Better Educators for Students of Tomorrow (BEST), from McDaniel provides the coursework and experiences necessary for initial certification in elementary (Grades 1-6), secondary (Grades 7-12 including biology, chemistry, English, French, German, mathematics, physics, and social studies) or Pre-Kindergarten-Grade 12 (art, music, physical education, French, German, and Spanish).
Candidates who successfully complete the program earn Maryland initial teaching certification and a Master of Science degree.
Key Features of the M.S. in Teaching program include:
- Nationally accredited program. Teaching certification gained through program is accepted by many PreK-12 employers across the U.S. If you are interested in teaching in a state other than Maryland we suggest you contact that state’s department of education and/or local districts of interest to confirm that a Maryland certification is reciprocal.
- Full-time students can obtain a master's degree and initial teacher certification in approximately 2 ½ years.
- Courses offered at times convenient for working adults.
- Extensive classroom experience offers effective instructional strategies and behavioral management techniques.
- Empowers teachers to become continuous life-long learners and reflective practitioners.
- Learning and Teaching
- Linking Instruction and Assessment
- Action Research: Qualitative Methodology
- Action Research
- Learning Technologies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Teaching View 3389 other Masters in Education in United States
- Application for graduate study
- Official transcripts verifying completion of an appropriate undergraduate degree from an accredited institution with a cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Satisfactory interview with program coordinator
- Three professional letters of recommendation
To begin the program, candidates must:
- Complete a criminal background record check through fingerprinting and disclosures
- Complete a program plan developed in consultation with the Program Coordinator
International17870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17870 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National17870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17870 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Westminster
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.