This performance-based degree program offered by Mercer University seeks to achieve a proper balance between the experiences required for training a specialist and those required for development as a professional educator working with other educators. Completion of the program and a passing score on the GACE Content Assessment for Teacher Leadership will lead to eligibility for Level 6 certification in Teacher Leadership by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission.
A Teacher Leadership Portfolio and Online Teacher Leader Network will assist candidates as they transform into highly effective teacher leaders prepared to meet today's challenges. Other support elements include coaches, candidate support teams, and individual growth plans.
Upon completion of the program, students will be prepared to:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of curriculum and apply this knowledge to the alignment of curriculum, instruction, and assessment to standards
- Model best practices in pedagogy and serve as a mentor and coach for other educators
- Work with others to design and implement assessment practices and analyze data for monitoring and improving teaching and learning through data-informed decision making
- Expand theoretical and practical knowledge of teachers with an understanding of the social-cultural, legal, political, and philosophical forces that influence the school environment
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Measurement & Assessment in Teaching
- Leadership in Teaching
- Advanced Curriculum & Instruction
- Leadership in Professional Development
- Philosonphy of Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Students are admitted once per year for the Fall (August) term.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Teaching View 2013 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Completed Online Application
- $30 Application Fee
- Copy of Level 5 Certificate
- Official College transcript(s)
- Teaching Experience Documentation
- Recommendation from School System
Additional Requirements for International Applicants
- Evaluation of Foreign Credentials
- Official Translations
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): The TOEFL or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test is required for international applicants whose primary language is not English. The scores may not be more than two years old.
- Financial Guarantee
- Visa Status
International7860 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3930 USD per semester during 12 months.
National7860 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3930 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Doraville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.