Successful completion of the M.A.T. program of study and passing scores on the required GaPSC-approved Content Pedagogy Assessment and GACE Content Assessments lead to eligibility for Level 5 induction certification.
The program for secondary certification in grades 6-12 prepares candidates to effectively teach in one of the following content areas: Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, Math, or Physics.
This innovative model of teacher education is patterned after a medical clinical model with embedded clinical experiences and a three-year residency. The STEM M.A.T. closes the gap between theoretical and practical knowledge by focusing on STEM teaching and learning.
Upon completion of the program, students will be prepared to:
- Demonstrate the ability to promote an interdisciplinary perspective using the following STEM reasoning modalities: complex adaptive systems, computational reasoning, model-based reasoning, quantitative reasoning and evidence-based claims.
- Design and implement a developmentally appropriate interdisciplinary STEM curriculum.
- Demonstrate competency in developing and implementing a wide variety of formative and summative assessment strategies.
- Utilize effective teaching pedagogy to make connections among academic knowledge, STEM practices and contextual influences on the students, school and community.
- Engage in reflective practice and self-assessment of pedagogy and find opportunities to grow professionally and develop emerging leadership qualities.
- Demonstrate the ability to foster relationships with school colleagues, parents, community and agencies to promote and advocate for the learning and well being of the adolescent.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Teaching Exceptional Learners
- Foundations of Education and History of STEM
- Adolescent Development & Learning in Context
- Curriculum, Instruction, & Planning in Context for SEC
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation View 3542 other Masters in Education in United States
- Submit a completed application along with application fee.
- Must submit a minimum of two, but preferably three letters of recommendation for admission.
- Hold a bachelor's degree in an appropriate field from an ABET accredited program, but applicants will be considered with an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution or its equivalent internationally.
- Submit GRE score on the general section of the test.
International610 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 610 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National610 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 610 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.