The program is designed for current leaders or for those seeking advancement to a leadership position and for those who are seeking a career in the independent or charter school setting. This program does not lead to certification or certification upgrade.
The program prepares students to enter leadership positions in the independent and charter school environments, including principal, assistant principal, headmaster, or directors of various departments, including admissions and student services. Further, the program can serve as professional development for those individuals who are currently employed in leadership positions at an independent or charter school who may have a background in areas other than education and have a need to understand the unique challenges of education to build upon their experience in the business or nonprofit sectors.
Upon completion of the program, students will be prepared to:
- Implement policies and practices consistent with the school's vision and mission
- Create an environment that fosters student growth in academic, social, emotional and spiritual realms
- Promote ongoing collaboration among the school's governing board, administrative leadership, faculty, and staff
- Establish a culture in which all stakeholders are challenged and inspired to give their best in pursuit of the school's goals
- Generate sustainable funding sources by offering a marketable educational program
- Develop and implement effective personnel practices that support administration, faculty and staff
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Leadership Theory
- Leadership in Curriculum and Instructional Supervision
- Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment
- Foundations of Independent Schools
- Managing School Resources
- Leadership of the Extra-Curricular Program
- Legal and Ethical Requirements of Independent School Leaders
- Educational Research for School Leaders
- Collaborative Strategies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership View 1493 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
- Submit a completed application along with application fee.
- Must submit a minimum of two, but preferably three letters of recommendation for admission.
- Hold a bachelor's degree in an appropriate field from an ABET accredited program, but applicants will be considered with an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution or its equivalent internationally.
- Submit GRE score on the general section of the test.
International596 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 596 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National596 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 596 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.