The program is designed for:
- Those currently employed by an institution of higher learning who seek to improve and enhance job performance and assume greater leadership responsibility
- Current and recent undergraduates who plan to pursue higher education leadership as a career
- Those seeking to make a career change into the higher education leadership field
Upon completion of the program, students will:
- Have a broad-based, scholarly foundation in higher education organization, structure, administration, and governance
- Be prepared to assume leadership responsibilities in post-secondary education
Program delivery model
The M.Ed. in Higher Education Leadership is offered at Mercer University's Atlanta and Macon campuses. Students are admitted three times a year for the Fall (August), Spring (January) and Summer (May) terms.
This program is offered predominantly in class in the evenings, but does integrate hybrid and online learning opportunities. Students taking a course that meets predominantly online still have the option to meet with faculty face-to-face at one of Mercer's various locations.
- Higher Education
- Cultural Perspectives in Higher Education
- Finance in Higher Education
- Leadership in Intercollegiate Athletics
- Legal Issues in Higher Education
- Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment
- Leadership Theory
- Student Affairs
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducational Psychology Educational Leadership Higher Education View 423 other Masters in Educational Leadership in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Mercer University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Completed online application
- $25 application fee
- All Official Sealed College transcript(s) showing conferral of bachelor’s degree
- Two letters of recommendation
- Career and academic goal narrative
- Possible Additional Application Materials Include:
- Possible faculty interview
Additional Requirements for International Applicants
- Evaluation of Foreign Credentials
- Official Translations
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): The TOEFL the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test is required for international applicants whose primary language is not English
- Financial Guarantee
- Visa Status: International Applicants Who are Currently in the United States - Documentation of your current visa status must be submitted with the self-managed application.
International7560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3780 USD per semester during 12 months.
National7560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3780 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Doraville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.