- The Master of Music in Collaborative Piano at Mercer University is distinct from an MM in Performance (Piano), in that piano performance is directed towards solo performance.
- A collaborative pianist requires a different focus in training, with an emphasis on accompanying and chamber music.
- Collaborative Piano graduate students will choose one of two areas of emphasis: Vocal or Instrumental Music.
- Advanced private study and literature classes distinguish the areas.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Applied Piano: Collaborative
- Applied Piano: Advanced Collaborative
- Graduate Recital
- Graduate Ensemble
- Collaborative Piano Chamber Music Literature
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Application Form with nonrefundable application fee of $100 (U.S.) payable to Mercer University. This fee must accompany the application.
- Official transcripts of all academic records sent in a sealed envelope from all college and universities attended.
- Curriculum vitae (summarizing academic, performance, and employment information). Optional: examples of involvement in liturgical, musical, or artistic activities.
- Repertory list of major performance area.
- A writing sample, such as a term paper, thesis, course paper, etc.
- A short essay (500-1,000 words) relating your goals pertaining to this degree.
- Three letters of recommendation, each in a sealed envelope with the recommender's signature across the seal. The Recommendation Form should accompany each letter of recommendation.
- Official scores from TOEFL (if applicable).
International13986 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 756 USD per credit during 24 months.
National13986 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 756 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Doraville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.