- The Music in Church Music degree offered by Mercer University will enroll church musicians who want to focus on conducting, piano, collaborative piano, voice and organ studies. In most church settings, this is a terminal degree preparing musicians for church music ministry. However, students may continue training at the doctoral level in church or sacred music.
- The course of study for this degree will be a third in church music/theological studies, a third in graduate music academic studies and the final third in solo/ensemble performance studies. The curriculum includes professional training in music ministry that has practical applications in a local congregation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Foundations of Christian Worship
- Hymnology and Church Music Literature
- Church Music Methods and Technology
- Supervised Music Ministry Internship
- Spiritual Formation for Ministry I
- Graduate Recital
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Music View 948 other Masters in Music in United States
- Completed Application Form with nonrefundable application fee of $100 (U.S.) payable to Mercer University. This fee must accompany the application.
- Official transcripts of all academic records sent in a sealed envelope from all college and universities attended.
- Curriculum vitae (summarizing academic, performance, and employment information). Optional: examples of involvement in liturgical, musical, or artistic activities.
- Repertory list of major performance area.
- A writing sample, such as a term paper, thesis, course paper, etc.
- A short essay (500-1,000 words) relating your goals pertaining to this degree.
- Three letters of recommendation, each in a sealed envelope with the recommender's signature across the seal. The Recommendation Form should accompany each letter of recommendation.
- Official scores from TOEFL (if applicable).
International756 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 756 USD per credit during 24 months.
National756 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 756 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Doraville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.