The Child Development program offered by the California State University Sacramento emphasizes scholarly reflection on developmental issues, and academic excellence in oral and written communication. Program faculty value academic scholarship and research, and regard their application in professional settings as central to the mission of the MA program.
Graduates of the program are expected to be well educated, lifelong learners, with excellent preparation in research, theory and practice in diverse, multicultural settings.
The MA program prepares graduates for professional employment in a variety of settings, including working directly with infants, children and their families, teaching at the community college level, and preparing for additional study toward a doctoral degree in child development or a related field.
The program incorporates the following areas of study: developmental research and theory; cognitive, linguistic and social, and emotional development of children; social, and cultural and familial influences on development; children with behavioral, emotional, cognitive, and academic special needs and their families; programming and curricula development; principles and practices involved in organizing, administering, and evaluating child development programs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Seminar in Social Development
- Seminar in Cognitive Development
- Selected Topics in Developmental Theory
- Motivation and Learning in Children
- Curriculum and Instruction
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Early Childhood Education View 991 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- a BA in Child/Human Development or a closely related field,
- minimum 3.0 GPA in the last 60 units completed;
- experience in programs serving children from infancy through primary grades; and
- strong writing and communication skills.
- online applications for admission;
- official transcripts from all college and universities attended, other than Sacramento State;
- a well-written, clearly articulated, statement of the applicant's educational and professional background and an explanation of how graduate study will advance the applicant's professional goals;
- two letters of recommendation.
Living costs for Sacramento
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.