At Painting from Rhode Island School of Design professors are committed to assisting each student in developing his or her own vision, supporting an enormous diversity of formal and conceptual approaches, painting styles and interests. During two years in residence at RISD, graduate students undertake a serious investigation of the broad range of possibilities and realities presented by contemporary painting.
Graduates with Painting from Rhode Island School of Design will be able to:
- display an understanding of contemporary visual art
- demonstrate the intention, motivation and tools required to pursue a career as an artist and sustain a rigorous fine arts practice
- demonstrate the strong visual, verbal and technical skills needed to engage with cutting-edge discourse in contemporary art
- produce artwork that makes use of the interdependence between content, form, process and context
- appreciate the material qualities and physical aspects of works not intended exclusively for reproduction
- display an intimate familiarity with historical and contemporary approaches to visual art and their interrelationships
- demonstrate enhanced critical reasoning with broad historical overviews and social insight
- support intellectual and academic freedom
- Grad Painting Studio Critique
- Graduate Drawing
- Graduate Printmaking Project
- Three Critics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 749 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- Academic transcripts
- Statement of purpose
- Writing sample
- Letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency test
International53820 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53820 USD per year during 24 months.
National53820 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53820 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Providence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.