Art and Design Education from Rhode Island School of Design promotes rigorous inquiry coupled with an expansive breadth of discovery. Using RISD as an essential base, MA candidates customize their studies within our vibrant community, working in tandem with offerings at neighboring Brown University and in Providence’s diverse range of nonprofit cultural and educational institutions.
Graduates with Art and Design Education from Rhode Island School of Design will be able to:
- articulate key issues, trends and research questions emanating from diverse visual arts/art and design learning contexts, including at K-12 schools (both during and after school hours), colleges and universities, cultural institutions and community-based organizations
- display competence in inquiry-based teaching and learning
- construct high-quality visual arts/art and design learning experiences for diverse formal and informal educational contexts
- display competence in researching, writing and presenting a personal investigation in visual arts/art and design teaching and learning that provides a platform for future professional practice and advocacy
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical Investigations in Arts Learning
- Mapping for Visual Learning
- Contemporary Practices in Arts Learning
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Design Visual Arts View 723 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
- Four-year undergraduate degree in art/design or art history with a studio minor with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 from an accredited college or university
- Application form
- Academic transcripts
- Statement of purpose
- Writing sample
- Letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency test
International53820 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53820 USD per year during 12 months.
National53820 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53820 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Providence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.