Interior Architecture - Exhibition and Narrative Environments from Rhode Island School of Design properly equips graduating students to create narrative experiences within museum settings. Students may take exhibition-related coursework through electives in other departments, such as Graphic Design, Digital + Media and Theory and History of Art and Design, or through Brown University. They may also take advantage of resources and opportunities offered by the RISD Museum.
Graduates with Interior Architecture - Exhibition and Narrative Environments from Rhode Island School of Design will be prepared to:
- engage in the practice and implementation of adaptive reuse in the built environment through the demonstration of an appropriate aesthetic, theoretical and technological framework
- expand upon the architect's understanding of reuse as a product of practice and in the context of architectural history and theory
- develop strategies for acknowledging the importance of social and environmental responsibility through design projects
- view and evaluate adaptive reuse through a multifaceted lens
- recognize the origins of adaptive reuse as well as the contemporary context governing current practice
- use qualitative and quantitative methods to evaluate the economic and environmental merits of adaptive reuse
- become ambassadors of adaptive reuse as a specialty in the professional design setting through the advancement of such practice at conferences and as built work
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design Studios: Spatial Investigation/Drawing and Making
- Design Studios: Transformation and Intervention
- Design Studios: Existing Constructs
- Advanced Drawing and Computing Tectonics
- Topics and Exhibition Design and Narrative Environments
- Spatial Perception: Light and Color
- Codes and Details
- Human Factors: Ergonomics and Acoustics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Interior Design View 371 other Masters in Architecture in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form
- Academic transcripts
- Statement of purpose
- Writing sample
- Letters of recommendation
- English language proficiency test
International53820 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53820 USD per year during 24 months.
National53820 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53820 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Providence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.