Our curriculum prepares students for a number of applicable careers with a real-world focus on learning and the course experience.
Our faculty and staff are always interested in meeting new and potential accounting majors. Learn more about and contact any of our accounting professors on our faculty/staff page.
What is Accounting?
Proper analysis is key to the success of any business and is utilized in many forms. While some fields may analyze consumer behavior, human resources, or quality control in a business, accounting involves the recording, reporting, and analysis of financial transactions. From running a lemonade stand to running a globally-operating corporation, understanding core accounting principles is essential to the success of any business.
What Careers do Accounting Students Enter?
Students graduating with a Accounting degree from La Sierra University are in high demand in the workplace due to the great versatility of experience in accounting. Many accounting graduates select management and financial-related occupations as accountants, auditors, budget analysts, actuaries, loan officers, or financial analysts. There are, however, many other applications for accounting in areas you may not expect. For example, did you know that there are only five entry programs at the FBI to become a Special Agent? The first is in accounting.
For the most current occupational information regarding accounting and other careers, including required education and median salary amounts, we recommend you visit O*NET OnLine, a very useful website created for the U.S. Department of Labor.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In our School of Business, we believe in the value of small class-sizes combined with highly engaged professors.
- We limit the maximum enrollment of each of our accounting courses to thirty students or fewer, allowing our professors to work closely with each student, maximizing their potential for learning.
- In addition, each of our professors holds regular office hours, a time for students to meet with them for assistance, questions, advice, or even to learn of networking or career opportunities. There is nothing that delights our professors more than students interested in their own growth.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Accounting View 448 other Masters in Economics in United States
- Transcripts from all post-secondary academic institutions are required.
- Letters of Recommendation
International777 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 777 USD per credit during 12 months.
National777 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 777 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Home Gardens
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.