Graduates of the Master of Primary Maternity Care pffered by Griffith University will contribute to the development of best practice through the acquisition and generation of research that supports evidenced based maternity care.
Please note that successful completion of this program does not lead to eligibility to apply for registration as a midwife.
Prospective students seeking eligibility to apply for registration as a midwife should refer to the Bachelor of Midwifery.
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates will be prepared to design and deliver primary maternity care and women's health services within a well-ness model.
Graduates will be recognised for their expertise and ability to apply professional knowledge and skills in maternity care.
They will possess high levels of skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Legal, professional and ethical issues in practice
- Synergy in practice to meet current and future maternity reform agenda
- Interactions of cultural diversity and their implications for practice
- Principles of partnership working
- Effective midwifery care and service provision.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Primary Maternity Care in Context
- Enhancing Critical Skills for Midwives
- Applied Counselling
- Working with Diverse Populations
- Global Maternal Health
- Foundations of Research Inquiry
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 162 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
CRICOS Provider - 00233E
All applicants seeking to undertake the Master of Primary Maternity Care must hold:
- a Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in a suitable professional health practice discipline such as midwifery, medicine, nursing or social work from a recognised tertiary institution with a GPA of 4.0 or above
- OR a Graduate Certificate in Primary Maternity Care from Griffith University (students will be eligible for 40 credit points of advanced standing and will be required to complete 80 credit points in the program).
International29000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29000 AUD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National19500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19500 AUD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.