The Creative Writing program at Oklahoma City University connects you with experienced creative and professional writers who will nurture your creative talent.
The Red Earth MFA combines online residencies, packet-based craft study with one of our accomplished faculty-mentors, and elective online courses in professional writing, pedagogy, secondary genre study, and more. Our students are warm, welcoming, and supportive--a true community.
- The Red Earth MFA is an online Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing graduate studies program.
- Students will complete twelve hours of course work each fall and spring semester for two years, for a total of 48 hours that, along with the thesis, lead to the MFA in Creative Writing, a terminal degree in the field.
- The online model is suitable for both traditional and nontraditional students: you can keep your job and keep up with your family responsibilities while studying for your MFA.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Creative Writing Literature View 55 other Masters in Creative Writing in United States
- A sample of creative work - The sample should be from the genre (fiction, nonfiction, poetry, YA, Screenwriting) in which the applicant wishes to concentrate, no more than twenty pages long.
- A two- or three-page personal statement
- Two confidential letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts of all completed undergraduate and graduate work with confirmation of a bachelor's degree in any subject. GRE is not required. Transcripts must be sent directly from your schools to OCU. You are not required to hold a B.A. in English/Literary Studies or Creative Writing--prospective students holding B.A.'s in any field are welcome to apply.
- The application fee is $60.
International12480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 520 USD per credit during 24 months.
National12480 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 520 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.