Applied Behavioral Studies - Professional Counseling from Oklahoma City University experiential philosophy of the program reflects this belief by emphasizing students' personal growth and development as critical in the training of counselors. It is therefore assumed that students not only desire, but also intend to pursue the inspection of their own personal identity, growth, and development—both inside and outside the classroom—as an integral part of their graduate studies in counseling at Oklahoma City University.
Our program is designed to train students to become professional counselors and render services to individuals, groups, and families experiencing normal adjustment difficulties of a personal, social, or career nature in settings such as community counseling centers, mental health clinics, youth & guidance centers, human service agencies, drug and alcohol treatment facilities, university counseling centers, abuse shelters, religious counseling centers, and private practice (once licensed).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Development
- Behavior Pathology
- Counseling Children & Adolescents
- Professional Orientation/Ethics
- Group Process
- Career Development
- Advanced Counseling Techniques
- Marriage/Family Therapy
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Deadline for completed applications (full admission) is exactly two weeks prior to the beginning of the fall semester
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling View 877 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- An earned bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university recognized by the U.S. Dept. of Education (or its foreign equivalent recognized by the country in which the degree is granted).
- Minimum undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Submission of official transcripts from all institutions, reflecting all course work taken.
- Ability to communicate (both written and oral) proficiently in the English language.
- 2 satisfactory recommendation letters from college instructors.
- A personality/disposition deemed suitable for the helping and crisis intervention disciplines.
- An interview may be requested.
- Complete the Online Graduate Application
- Personal Statement
- English Proficiency
- SAT and ACT are not required for international student admission but will be considered for scholarship eligibility.
- Application Fee
- Financial Statement of Support
- CV or Resume
International520 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 520 USD per credit during 24 months.
National520 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 520 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Oklahoma City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.